6. Liquid Level Detection Device(limited to option)
※ Safety class / Caution!
(1) Do not change the electric pole part attaching position of liquid level detection device. Damage and malfunction
of liquid level detection device can be cause of battery badness.
(2) L.E.D of display part main body flickers in liquid level detection device. If the red L.E.D attached to the display
part of liquid level detection device flickers, electrolyte level is reduced, so repair it according to the above figure
# Measurement of electrolyte specific gravity
It is possible to recognize battery condition according to measurement of electrolyte specific gravity. Specific gravity
of electrolyte shall be measured once a month first[about 1.280/25℃ in case of full charging] and shall be checked
about whether it is in normal state. Specific gravity of electrolyte shall be based on 25℃, so convert and use the
D25 = Dt + 0.0007(t - 25)
Where, D25 : Specific gravity converted to 25℃
Dt : Specific gravity at t℃
t : Electrolyte temperature(℃) when measuring specific gravity
Attachment of foreign materials to the top or connection part of battery can be cause of explosion and
fire due to electric leakage, etc. Clean the dirty materials and foreign materials with wet cloth, etc. and keep battery and
the surroundings at clean and dry condition.
※ Safety class / Caution!
(1) Do not have battery stained with organic solvents like benzene, thinner, gasoline, etc., and detergent, chemicals,
etc. or do not use it for cleaning. This can be cause of battery damage due to organic solvent or electrolyte
(2) Do not wash battery using water with battery installed. This can be cause of damage to vehicles. Unload battery
from car flame, wash it with water by closing liquid injection cap so that water may not enter into the inside of
battery, clean it, dry it sufficiently, and then load it.
# Caution in Use Environment
(1) In case of not using battery for long time, do not keep it where ventilation is bad or where ventilation exists.
This can be cause of explosion due to staying of combustible, explosive gas.
(2) In case of suspending use for at least 3 days, perform uniform charging. If it is left with being charged, it can be
damaged by being frozen at low temperature.
(3) Do not use battery with electrolyte temperature being away from –15℃ ~ 55℃ range. Using battery at other range
than this temperature range can result in freezing or overheating in order to be cause of damage or deformation.
(4) Do not have battery get in touch with rain or sea water. This can be cause of damage or fire of battery.
# Regular Checking
(1) Perform regular checking for liquid level, voltage, specific gravity, battery temperature, external appearance, and
plug. This can be cause of ignited explosion, fire, or damage to battery.
(2) If battery, liquid injection device, plug, maintenance equipment, etc. is damaged, consult with manufacturer and
then replace it according to countermeasures. And request seller to replace plug of battery. Late replacement can
cause explosion, fire, or damage to battery.
# Caution in Daily Handling
※ Safety class / Risk of explosion!
(1) When pulling out plug, turn off all of the key switch of vehicle and the switch of charger. Pulling out the plug in
switched-on state can cause fire or combustible explosion due to generation of electric spark.
(2) In case of attaching cable, do not make connection by interchange +terminal and –terminal. This can cause
damage or loss to electronic components.
(3) If cable and plug are damaged(connection part exposure, corrosion, heating in plug and cable, disconnection,
etc.), replace it by consulting with seller.
(4) Do not modify plug or connection connector at your discretion. This can cause heating or explosion.
(5) Use plug with the plug connected completely. This can cause heating of plug.
(6) Do not have plug stained with dirty materials or foreign materials. This can cause heating of plug.
(7) Do not put metals like spanner, etc. on the battery. This can cause short circuit or damage due to short.
(8) Rigidly fix cable and battery terminals such as + or -. Insufficient fixing can result in performance reduction and
spark in battery in order to cause explosion.
(9) If electrolyte is leaked, neutralize it with acid neutralizer immediately and then wash it with a lot of water. This can
cause corrosion to battery and vehicle components.
(10) When keeping battery, do not put it at unstable places such as on swinging base, at sloped place, etc. or at
place where dropping material or water flows.
(11) Do not use battery for other purpose than power source of electric cars. This can cause damage to battery and
load side machine.
(1) When not using battery, keep it in the cold dark room where ventilation is good without direct sunshine.
(2) When fire takes place, do not spray water on the battery. This can cause explosion. Use ABC powder fire
extinguisher for fire extinguishing.
# Abolition of Battery
Separately collect the batteries which ended use. Do not abolish battery as it is but consult with seller